Purpose of This Blog

I've created this blog to inspire myself to continue to draw and write. Unlike Nora Ephron, I'm not writing about my neck getting old. I'd rather write about being alive.

Monday, December 20, 2010

christmas in GA

I'm in Georgia, sitting with my gorgeous (and she really is) granddaughter, Alex, who is a junior in high school and planning on going to the U of GA in a few years.  We're in Chick-fil-A and my grandson, Garrett, is playing in the kids' section while we use the laptop.  Garrett periodically comes by to stuff a few more chicken pieces into his mouth.  Oddly, there is a giant cow walking around, giving candy canes to the kids.  Apparently the cow is the symbol for Chick-fil-A.  I've pointed out to Alex that this is not honoring chickens in any way for dying for us.

Alex is playing "Greensleeves" on her harp Christmas Eve.  She is good at that and everything else she touches, including school.  She wants to be an English teacher.  Yippee!! Garrett is a typical third grader, unwilling to answer any of my relentless questions about school, the basketball team he plays on, or the chickens he keeps in his yard.  Garrett just wants to run around and have fun.

Madison,GA is a gorgeous town in which to celebrate Christmas.  It's the town that Sherman refused to burn on his way to the coast because the homes here are too beautiful.  Anyway, I'm probably going to be too busy to keep up the blog this week, so I wish you all a Merry Christmas.  My best to all my friends out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment