Purpose of This Blog

I've created this blog to inspire myself to continue to draw and write. Unlike Nora Ephron, I'm not writing about my neck getting old. I'd rather write about being alive.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 4, 2010

I just spent nearly three hours watching episodes of "The Office", interrupted only by racing to the kitchen to make a cup of peach tea, or checking the thermostat because I kept getting hotter and hotter.  That happens when you watch an entire season in one sitting.Anyway, I deserved it, this oblivion, after a rough morning anticipating a call from the Firestone Tire station in Northboro.  They were checking out my Subaru because, for the last month, everytime I backed up and turned the wheel, the car shuttered like it was going to be launched from Houston.   I say it was a rough morning only because I was sure that my transmission was about to bite the dust after listening to entire Bob and Ray Car Talk segment on Subarus and their difficulties with transmission problems...and eventual need for replacement at $2,000. I tend to be a pessimist about these things, so I waited for the call with sweaty palms, only to find that my power steering belt needed tighting.  That's it!  A turn of the wrench and: voila!  $46!  Still, not $2,000!  I'm still a pessimist, though, figure the other shoe will drop, that the turn of the wrench will unturn.  So, what have I learned today, besides the fact that Michael left Dunner Mifflin to start his own paper company with Ryan and Pam?  I learned to never listen to Car Talk again.  Pessimists beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment